While playing during the in-season, you still need to consider the important factors that make you an excellent athlete. You need to keep your body strong for all those practices and games. We know it is a grueling schedule and you are juggling sports and education but preventing injury and consistent performance should be top of your list.
Why is in-season training so important?
- Strength gains made in the off-season decease
- Significantly reduces injury risk
- Enhances individual playing time in a team setting
- Becoming overdrawn can lead to fatigue
- Better recovery between games
Myths regarding in-season training?
- My sport will maintain my abilities
- I don’t want my child to burn out or get injured
- Lifting weights will make me slower
The truth is that high levels of muscular force will increase your power and agility. Being physically fit will assist in recovering faster. Just playing your sport won’t maximize your speed and explosiveness.
What are the rules of in-season training?
- Train hard and smart at a reduced volume
- Focus on recovery: nutrition, sleep and hydration are key
- Address aches and pains before they become something worse
This is your time to shine! With the right balance of sport, training, and recovery you will continue to increase your athleticism. We are here for you – let’s go!